Send Personal, Handwritten emails from your Surface Pro 3:
Update 11/09/14 – This functionality doesn’t appear to be working in Windows 10 version of OneNote App. We tested it on 3 devices.
Do you love that you can handwrite meeting notes, to-do lists, and annotate pictures on your new Surface Pro 3?
So, do I!
With the Surface Pen and OneNote functionality built into the Surface, I now take all my meeting notes with it – it’s really quite handy 🙂
But did you know that you can also send handwritten emails from your Surface Pro 3? – yes indeed, you can!
Here is how you send handwritten emails:
- Make sure you have the Windows Mail App configured with your email address.
- Open OneNote and write your message
- From Charms menu (swipe from the right), select Share
- Choose Send an email
- The Mail App will open with your default address in the From field – you can choose which email address you want to send it from by tapping the drop-down arrow.
- Type in the recipient address
- Tap send
The recipient’s email will look something like this:
Pretty cool, eh?
I thought so. I mean, you have to go through the extra step of writing the email out in OneNote but it’s so easy to send from there that I don’t think it’s an issue.
By the way, you can send just about anything this way, i.e.screen captures, marked up maps, or whatever else you like.
You may also like our other Tips of the Week, we have lots of useful productivity tips there.
Joanna is a former IT Director for a major public university, who gave up a high paying career to blog full time. She is proud to be a professional geek. Joanna loves all things technology and Surface tablets are her passion. She and Tim created LoveMySurface.net to help others be more productive using these awesome tablets.