Surface Pro 3 Leather Case Review:
What: Leather Case by Manvex
How much: $35.95
Works with: Surface Pro 3
Surface Pro 3 Leather Case Review: Description and Overview
The Manvex Leather Case is an executive style cover exclusively designed for the 12-inch Surface Pro 3 tablet. It is compatible with Surface Pro Type Cover keyboards and can be used with or without the keyboard. It features a PU leather exterior and soft, non-scratch suede interior that offer great protection against daily use. The Manvex leather case provides a great fit that offers full access to all Surface Pro 3 ports, vents, and features.
This case is available through Amazon and comes in multiple colors. It is best suited for anyone that needs protection for the Surface Pro 3 from nicks and scratches and even small drops.
Surface Pro 3 Leather Case Review: Pros
- Design – executive style with smart, classic design. Fits Surface Pro 3 perfectly while allowing for venting and all port access.
- Can be used with or without the Surface keyboard. Surface keyboard can still be used flat or at an angle, depending on your preference.
- Case folds to provide its own multi-level, adjustable stand.
- Materials and workmanship – nice, premium PU leather with soft cushion feel. Neat stitching and overall high quality with high attention to detail.
- Light Weight – only 12.8 ounces.
- Colors – variety of colors available: black, red, brown, blue and pink. Each color has a complementary color stripe of black or gray.
- Elastic pen loop – fits the Surface Pen easily and tightly.
Surface Pro 3 Leather Case Review: Cons
- Adds some bulk to your Surface Pro 3
- Pen loop placement – can interfere with turn the Surface power button unless the pen is pushed all the way into the provided loop.
Surface Pro 3 Leather Case Review: Overall Impression
I am usually partial to carrying cases with handles and straps but I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by this leather case. It looks very sharp, it is definitely well made and it fits my Manvex case, I can still fit it in my inexpensive neoprene sleeve with handles. And this way, I get the best of both worlds, protection for the Surface itself with professional look for my work meetings and handles for transporting to-and-from.
Although, I love the elastic loop (I wish Microsoft would have used elastic for theirs), I feel that the loop could be placed further to the right because its current location can interfere with the power button, unless you slide the pen all the way over.
Minor complaints aside, though, I think this case is excellent. In the beginning, I was afraid that it would be too heavy but other than adding a little bulk (as any case does), it really is quite light and portable. Another concern that I had early on was the fact that it covers the Surface Pro 3 kickstand but I’m happy to report that turned out to be a non-issue.
The case folds back and allows you to adjust its position at different angles, even with the keyboard attached – it even has groves to keep it from sliding. In fact, I would say that the Manvex’ “kick stand” feels more sturdy than the Surface Pro 3’s built-in one.
Overall, I would give this case a solid 4 smilies (out of 5) and recommend it to anyone looking for a professional, planner-style leather cover for their Surface Pro 3.
You may also like our other reviews, check them out in the Reviews section of our blog.