You can now download the latest update for the Surface Book as well from Microsoft site directly. Alternatively, you can just wait and let Microsoft handle this automatically as they push the updates by stages to the Windows 10 users.
Here’s what the update brings:
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware adjustments to system thermal tuning and optimizes battery utilization in connected standby and in low battery scenario.
- Surface Management Engine improves system stability resuming from sleep or hibernation and increased reliability of touch and pen capabilities.
- Marvel AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter enhances Wi-Fi driver settings to support Gulf region.
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller enhances Wi-Fi driver settings to support Gulf region.
- Intel Precise Touch Device improves touch stability.
- Surface NVM Express Controller improves stability of NVMe Storage. (only for SSD devices).
Just as it was the case with Surface Pro 4 updates, once installed, you cannot uninstall this. Might be a good idea to wait until Microsoft pushes the update and wait and see how others are experiencing first.
Kent Beck link to his wiki