I’ve been surprised how many Mac users have approached Joanna and me asking about the Surface. Many of them have even indicated that they would be willing to trade-in their MacBook Air for a Surface tablet.
So, if you happen to have a Microsoft Store nearby here’s your chance to get up to $650 USD trade-in credit towards a new Surface Pro 3.
It looks like you have plenty of time to take advantage of this deal as the offer is good through the end of July.
Trade your MacBook Air for a Surface: Potential Gotchas
From looking at the details there are a few potential gotchas. If you’re the type who hates reading small print, I outlined some of them below…
- You will get in-store credit. No cash or gift cards.
- You MUST visit a physical Microsoft Store to take advantage of this deal. They will not give you the credit from the web store.
- The deal is for UP TO $650 depending on the model of MacBook Air you’re trading in. Condition, age, documentation, etc. will affect the trade-in amount so, bring everything you can (including the original box, manuals, etc.) for the maximum value.
- You will only get maximum credit if you use it to buy a Surface Pro 3.
- Only 1 trade-in per purchase so, if you were thinking of trading-in multiple old MacBook Airs for a Surface Pro 3, don’t bother.
So, if you’re considering trading up your MacBook Air to a Surface Pro 3 and you have a Microsoft Store nearby, this is your chance.