- Name: MegaTube
- Runs on: Surface RT, Surface 2 (and LTE), Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2
- Find it: Windows Store
- Cost: $Free
MegaTube App Review: Overview and Features
MegaTube is a Windows 8.x YouTube player and downloader. It has been very popular with almost 33,000 downloads as of the time of this writing and over 17,000 reviews with an average rating of 4.1. That alone says a lot about the app. It supports x86, x64, ARM, is written in English, and according to the developer, meets accessibility requirements.
Using MegaTube, you can manager your YouTube subscriptions and downloads.
When you log in with your YouTube account, you will have access to the following:
- Watch later list
- Uploads list
- Favorites list
- Subscribed channels
Under Gateways section, you can manage the following:
- Website layout – switches you back to YouTube website view
- Downloaded Videos
- Downloaded Music
- Uploads to Skydrive
- Downloading – shows items being downloaded
- Option to pay for the app and remove advertisements ($2.49)
- Audio only stream (MP3) – conserves your battery life
- Ability to reply to other user’s comments
- Pinning of secondary tiles (you can pin specific videos to start)
- Resuming playback from pinned secondary tile without reopening the app
MegaTube App Review: Overall Rating
I love this app and would give it a five out of five smilies. It is easy to use, has great features, and is very fast. I use it all the time. Last weekend I had it playing in the audio only stream mode on my Surface 2 and it ran for over 7 hours without a recharge. In my opinion, the best feature of this app is that I can “pin to start” my favorite music and videos. So, MegaTube gets both thumbs up from me and I honestly can’t come up with any cons.
Do you use this app? Do you like it? Let me know what you think.