How to Pair a Bluetooth Device with Your Surface:
Before you start, make sure your Bluetooth device is compatible with your Surface and that it is ON and discoverable – check your device user manual for instructions.
To Pair Bluetooth Device:
I. Make sure Bluetooth on your Surface is ON:
- Open the Settings charm, and then tap on Settings gear.
- Tap on Change PC Settings at the bottom of the list.
- Tap on Wireless.
- Make sure Bluetooth is set to ON.
II. Add your Bluetooth device:
- Tap on Devices (in PC settings).
- Tap on Add a device.
- Select your Bluetooth device from the list of wireless devices.
- If the accessory requires a passcode, you’ll be prompted for it. If you don’t know it, check the info that came with your device.
To Unpair Bluetooth device:
Essentially you’ll be following the above steps in reverse.
- In Settings:
- Tap Devices.
- Find the Bluetooth device you wish to “unpair” in the list on the right.
- Tap on the device.
- Tap on the minus sign in the circle (-)
- Tap Remove.
Tim Rolston is a professional geek with over 23 years of experience working in Information Technology and dealing with everything from large-scale storage to remote systems management and automation for organizations such as Texas Instruments, Mobil Oil, and the University of Michigan (where he was an Academic IT Director).
He co-founded JTRTech along with Joanna to realize his long-time dream of working for himself.