Earlier today the Surface Team announced details about some soon to be released patches for the Surface Pro 3.
Here’s a more detailed list of what the patches are designed to do:
Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.11.350.0):
- Resolves scenarios where the device will boot to a black screen if McAfee Defense Encryption 7.1.1 is installed.
- Optimizes the FWPOST time to 3.7 seconds with the fast boot enabled.
- Prevents situations where system clock loses time when battery falls below 3%.
Surface Home Button driver update (v2.0.1174.0):
- Along with the pen update below, this helps prevent scenarios where device may accidentally wake up from sleep while being stored or carried.
Surface Pen Settings driver update (v18.104.22.168):
- Along with the home button driver update above, this helps to prevent scenarios where the device may accidentally wake up from sleep while being stored or carried.
Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3066.135):
- Enables better throughput after waking from sleep and connecting to an 802.11AC network.
- Ensures Infra scan list is not empty while connected to a wireless display adapter.
- Resolves an issue connecting to Cisco 1242 access points.
- Ensures device reconnects properly to a hidden SSID using a 5Ghz DFS channel after waking from sleep.
- Adds customer-requested functionality to prefer 5Ghz connections when both a 2.4ghz and 5ghz connection are present with the same SSID.